The E.O.Paton Electric Welding Institute (PEWI) is a multidisciplinary research institute which realizes fundamental and applied research works, develops technologies, materials, equipment and control systems, rational welded structures and weldments, methods and equipment for diagnostics and non-destructive quality control according to the following directions:
- Advanced technologies of welding and joining of materials;
- Strength, reliability and life of welded structures;
- Technology of surfacing, coating and treatment of surface;
- Processes of special electrometallurgy;
- New structural and functional materials;
- Technical diagnostics and non-destructive testing;
- Automation of processes of welding and related technologies;
The Institute is headed by academician Paton Boris Evgenievich, the world-famous scientist.
The E.O.Paton Electric Welding Institute is a corporative member of the International Institute of Welding (IIW) and European Welding Federation (EWF).